Labels

8.01.2014

Coming Soon: Sakamoto Maaya's Replica


Hi everyone! In honor of today being the first of August, I've decided to write a short post to amp up the excitement for Sakamoto Maaya's newest single, Replica, scheduled to release later this month - the 20th, to be exact.

This isn't really news, as most fans have seen information about this single circulating around the internet. The CD itself, both regular and limited editions, has been available for preorder from CDJapan since the end of June, too. I mainly wanted to document the information here on my blog for two reasons.




First, I of course preordered a limited edition copy which I will be reviewing the second I get my hands on the package. For once, though, I thought I'd share links to CDJapan's pages for both editions prior to my review, since both come with first press bonuses that are limited in supply. So, for those of you interested, the links are as follows:

Replica / Maaya Sakamoto
Maaya Sakamoto

Replica / Maaya Sakamoto
Maaya Sakamoto

Second, a clip of the single's PV went up on Sakamoto's YouTube recently, which...I don't know...helped in making sense of the single's focal song, "Replica." The first time I heard bits and pieces of this song, I did not know what to make of it. In a nutshell, it sounded disorganized. Once I saw the following video, though, everything sort of came together, and the song started to sound catchy rather than cluttered. I won't go into further details about it - I'll save those for my review - but here's the video so you can check it out:



Not to state the obvious, but I can't wait until August 20th! Here's to a mere 19 more days! ('<>')>

~nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment