Labels

9.08.2013

EOTD: September 7, 2013 - Beginner




Hi all. I thought I'd do a quick 'Eye of the Day' kind of post using fairly new products (new in general as well as to my collection). I would call it a 'Face of the Day' if I actually finished my entire face and...well...I guess missing blush shouldn't determine that, but for now I'm going to call this an EOTD regardless.

For upcoming EOTD/FOTD posts, I'll aim to include pictures of the actual products used. But, for this one, there will only be pictures of the look itself and a description of what product is used and how/where.




As mentioned in the post title, I am a beginner when it comes to eye makeup. I have a lot of trouble applying eye shadow mainly because I have a lot of lid space and large eyes - 'prominent' eyes I think they're called. Add to that a love for everything blue, and you're headed for disaster. But I try and it's fun, and I thought I'd share my results.


Face: Skin79 VIP Gold Super+ BB Cream
Lips: Jordana Twist & Shine Moisturizing Balm Stain in "Candied Coral" (04)

Now onto the eyes...which are fairly neutral.





EYESHADOW:
Base: Maybelline Color Tattoo in "Bad to the Bronze"
Crease/Outer 'V'/Outer-third Lower Lash Line: "Hot Cocoa" from the Too Faced Shadow Bon Bons palette.
Lid: "Peach Fuzz" from the Too Faced Shadow Bon Bons palette.
Lower Lash Line: Inglot 05 (AMC Shine).
Inner Corner/Brow Bone: "Vanilla" from the Too Faced Shadow Bon Bons palette.

MASCARA:
Upper Lashes: CoverGirl Flamed Out Mascara in "Very Black Blaze"
Lower Lashes: Rimmel Extra Pop Lash in "Pop Turquoise"*

*I originally coated both lashes with the CoverGirl mascara but, upon finding the Rimmel colored mascaras at Walgreens, I thought it would fit perfectly with the blue on my lower lash line. So I coated it on top of the "Very Black Blaze" color.

And here's a picture of me with glasses, since the only times I don't wear them is when I'm sleeping and showering:



I'll try to link reviews of these products in this post once they're up...but that may be a while, and I can't guarantee it if, for example, a review is posted months from now (in which case I may forget including the product in this post). Anyway, as you can see I incorporated some blue. I've used way more blue in an earlier look but I never took pictures of it. Also, clearly, I'm still a beginner when it comes to this. And for the record, I had a pinky-brown-neutral lip color when I originally did my eye look. I switched to a coral lip because I just bought the color that day, and was eager to test it. I guess it looks OK still.

'Til next time! ('<>')>

~nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment