Labels

12.25.2012

Lancome's "La Vie Est Belle" & Festive Soiree Classic Gift



*Gasp* A third post since my almost-1-month absence! I'm trying to make the most of my two-in-a-row days off, granted my last post was just a happy holidays and this one is just a picture-heavy post on a gift I got from my abuelita for Christmas. Still, I'm super excited about this gift because (a) it's my second fragrance ever (since I usually couldn't care less about fragrances) and (b) the small gift that my abuelita qualified for, purchased, and also gave to me had a nice selection of Lancome cosmetics!




The fragrance is Lancome's "La Vie Est Belle" and I actually asked for this for Christmas after receiving a sample with a [failed] Sephora online order. I try out all fragrance samples when I just happen to receive some - out of sheer curiosity - but I was really surprised with this one. Usually fragrances irritate my nose and eyes more than anything, but I couldn't get enough of "La Vie Est Belle." It was somewhat floral, but on the sweeter side. It was the first time I ever instantly fell in love with a fragrance, which is especially surprising considering the fact that I had no desire to own one.

My abuelita got me a gift set of this fragrance, and I love the box it comes in. The opening cover has a somewhat bumpy texture to it and sparkles in the light, and the sides of the box are a reflective silver. Additionally, the box comes in a clear plastic sleeve and ties shut with a gray ribbon.




The underside of the cover talks about the fragrance:



Inside are the perfume and a body wash and body lotion that are scented like the perfume. The typical round of products for a fragrance set, really.

LEFT TO RIGHT: Body wash, perfume, and body lotion.

I'm not sure how much use I'll get out of the body wash, but I'm going to test the lotion on my legs especially since it's been so damn cold and windy here lately. They're always dry and itching! :(


Now for the small gift! I'm not sure if this was a special offer in Macy's that day, or if my abuelita qualified for it because she spent a certain amount on Lancome products, but the small gift itself was $34.50, which isn't that bad once you see what comes in it. It's called the Festive Soiree Classic.

Everything comes in a little cardboard box that lists the product names, colors, and sizes. Nothing fancy about the packaging here, though the outline of the box (the lighter gray frame in this picture) sparkles:



Inside are a gray/silver sparkling cosmetic bag with magnetic closure and a variety of Lancome cosmetics, whose product and color names I will post in each product's respective pictures below.

The cosmetic bag with all of the included cosmetics. 

A closeup of the included cosmetics.

Lancome Hypnose Drama Instant Full Body Volume Mascara in "Excessive Black/Noir."

Lancome Vernis In Love Fade Resistant Gloss Shine in "Madame Tulipe" (179M). 

Lancome Color Design Sensational Effects Lipcolor Smooth Hold in "Red Stiletto." 

Lancome Color Design Eye Brightening All-In-One 5 Shadow & Liner Palette in "Taupe Craze."

A miniature of "La Vie Est Belle." I thought this was so cute, especially since they kept the exact packaging of the full-size - ribbon and all. 

Here's a quick picture comparison of the miniature "La Vie Est Belle" and the full-size from the main gift set:



Lastly, the Festive Soiree Classic included a little card with a suggestive look using all of the products included in the small gift:


The outside of the folded card. I love how it photographed. 


The inside of the card, with directions to achieve the small gift's signature "Classic Look."

Overall, I can't wait to use my new fragrance and am just as excited about trying out the cosmetic products included in the small gift. I own very few "high-end" cosmetics (I splurged on one during my trip to California and another for Christmas) and have only tried the Juicy Tubes from Lancome in the past (loved Raspberry Ice - but that was almost 10 years ago). I am most looking forward to trying out the mascara, since I've read about it before and have never tried mascara beyond the drugstore.

I don't know if this gift is still available, but I hope that these pictures satisfy your curiosity, for those of you who are/were interested in it. Reviews will eventually come up for all of these products, though I say 'eventually' because I'm so far behind and still have to adjust to work.

Again, happy holidays, and 'til next time. ('<>')>

~nikki

What gifts did you get for the holidays?

No comments:

Post a Comment