Labels

2.18.2013

Lips: More Maybelline Color Whispers in "Lust for Blush" and "Pin Up Peach"



Hi all. :) I recently decided to pick up two more colors from the Maybelline Color Whisper line of lipsticks and I wanted to share pictures/swatches of them with you. The colors are "Lust for Blush" and "Pin Up Peach."

This post will only focus on the colors. To read a full review, including details on weight, price, packaging, scent, texture, and wear-time, check out my previous post on "Mad for Magenta."




I chose "Lust for Blush" because of how many people seem to love the color, and "Pin Up Peach" was a random choice to reach the $10 requirement for $3 extra bucks rewards at CVS. I originally wanted "Mocha Muse" but the only one available was tampered with (*sigh*). I'm actually happiest with "Pin Up Peach" out of all my Color Whispers, though, so it worked out in the end. 

I recently corrected my main Color Whisper post about the tint of each lipstick's cover. As you can see here, the cover for "Lust for Blush" is a deep mauve color, while the cover for "Pin Up Peach" is a warm pinky-peach color. 

LEFT: "Lust for Blush"
RIGHT: "Pin Up Peach"


LEFT: "Lust for Blush"
RIGHT: "Pin Up Peach"

By the way, these pictures and those in my last post were all taken with the new camera my boyfriend sent me. I'm loving the quality of them right now. :)

Before I get into each color individually, here are swatches of the two side-by-side:

LEFT: "Lust for Blush"
RIGHT: "Pin Up Peach"


I feel like they swatch a bit more true to color than "Mad for Magenta."


"LUST FOR BLUSH" (25)


"Lust for Blush" is (dare I say it, since I am really bad with 'tones') what seems to be a light, more cool-toned mauve. On my lips, it appears to be a classic nude, though the pink in it helps to keep from having my face totally washed out. I like the casual feel to this color. 


As you can see here, the frigid air in this disgusting city has been unforgiving towards my lips. They've been peeling nonstop, hence why I've been so put off from trying all the new lip products I have. I decided to give these a go anyway (I was excited to see how they would look) and this picture shows how the Color Whisper formula has a tendency to accentuate/settle into fine lines/cracks on one's lips. The light, coolness of this color makes it an exceptionally bad choice with the current condition of my lips. I honestly won't be able to wear it until my lips are smoother.

I won't knock off any points to the product's formula for this because my lips have been severely chapped, and I would never expect a moisturizing lipstick such as the Color Whispers to fix that. I'd just keep this aspect of the formula's behavior in mind when purchasing this lipstick (in this color) during cold weather. 


"PIN UP PEACH" (30)


"Pin Up Peach" is a slightly pink peach color that I find gives a fresh, vibrant look to my lips. To be honest, it reminds me of the Revlon Lip Butter in "Peach Parfait" only without all the glitter. This is a great discovery for me because I love the base color of "Peach Parfait" but hate the feel of the glitter on my lips. I'll probably do a swatch comparison of the two in the future, after I write my Revlon Lip Butter review. 


This color really brightens up my face and I feel like it'll be a great color for the spring because of how fresh it is. I find that the warmer tones in this lipstick also make it appear more flattering on my chapped lips than "Lust for Blush." It doesn't look its best, though, so I probably won't be wearing these regularly until my stupid lips get better. 


Overall, I'm really happy with my choices in additional colors, especially "Pin Up Peach," and I hope that this post is helpful in showing you how each color appears outside of the tube. Thanks for stopping by, and 'til next time! ('<>')>

~nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment