Tag: One Lovely Blog Award
Hello everyone! Hope you are enjoying your weekend. I never get tagged for anything, mainly because I'm usually just the follower that's lost in a group of hundreds of others, but Mel from I'm Not a Beauty Guru was sweet enough to think of my blog and tag me. Thank you again, and for those reading, do check out her blog. :)
I would explain the tag more but there is a set of guidelines already in place that does the explaining, so here are said guidelines as follows, albeit slightly modified:
1) You must display the award logo at the top of the post!
2) You must thank the person who nominated you.
3) You must add this set of rules to your post so that your nominees will know what to do.
4) You must add 7 facts about yourself into the post.
5) You must nominate other blogs and leave links to each of them in your post!
6) You must let the people who you have nominated know that they've been nominated!
There was a seventh rule about following the person who nominates you, but I deleted it because I could never, ever expect that of anyone. I don't even really advertise my blog because...I don't know...I feel like people who find pleasure in reading it will come of their own will. It has to do with how I am personally. Maybe because I'm a loner, and used to not having friends, but I feel like a bother asking anything of anyone, lol.
...Should that count as a fact?! Sure, why not. That's fact (1). Now for the rest!
(2) Makeup used to be a bandage for me when I was 13 years old. My self esteem was pretty low, and I used to buy myself lip gloss to cheer up, because I loved the way it looked. Now, it's my primary hobby, perhaps at a tie with writing.
(3) Music is a huge part of my life. Before I got my writing degree, I was planning on pursuing one in music. I love to sing, my favorite instrument is the bass guitar, and I also enjoy playing the ocarina and the piano (although this one I don't actually know how to play). I have a SoundCloud but, because of fact (1), I don't publicize it on here.
(4) I am a pretty terrible person - I won't lie. I am totally aware of it. One of the ways I try to work on my flaws is through my writing. I will often base my antagonists on the parts of myself that should change, while my protagonists are based on what I hope to become.
(5) I am fascinated by the sky and flying. I feel like the sky is the one thing that we all share, across the world, that can't be divided or contained.
(6) Speaking of flying, I love penguins, which can't fly.
(7) I curse a lot. You know, like a sailor. But you probably couldn't tell from this blog. I feel like a good portion of my personality is lost in my blog posts, not only because I try to keep it PG but because I treat this blog as a part of my "writing portfolio." I am still working on making my posts more "personable."
And here's a bonus fact, because I just thought of it now and it really is a big part of my personality: I am extremely morbid. It's something my boyfriend doesn't like too much because it creeps him out. I can't do much about it. I am terrified of death, and as equally pensive about it.
So, there you have it: 7 (8) facts about me. Are you asleep yet?! x]
The tag calls to re-tag 15 blogs - it's part of what I left out when I modified the guidelines ever so slightly - but I only have 2 that I'm going to nominate. I follow more than that, but most of the bloggers I follow are the well-known ones with hundreds of followers who won't even know, or possibly care, that I nominated them.
The two blogs I'd like to tag are:
1. Jemimah from Some Girl Named Jem
2. Phoebe from Glimpses of the Moon
I suppose I could also tag Maxi from Countie65. As you may tell, he doesn't actually have a blog - he makes videos and does covers under that username - but he is a good friend I've made through the music corner of this blog, so I'll give him a shout out, too.
Well, I hope this was fun for you to read, if anything. x] I enjoyed doing it - not because I love to talk about myself, but because the process of picking people to tag made me realize that I should be more active in the full blogger community. I actually follow way more YouTubers than bloggers, which is funny since the platform I use to share my opinion is blogging. I want to start visiting and supporting more bloggers, especially the smaller ones that aren't talked about often. If this tag does anything for you, let it encourage you to become more active in the blogging community. :)
I am exhausted, so I'll end this here. Thank you for stopping by, and 'til next time. ('<>')>