Labels

4.26.2013

Nails: Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear Nail Color in "Gunmetal"



The product being reviewed in this post was purchased by me with my own money. The opinions stated further are my own opinions. I am not affiliated with the brand featured in this post.

Hi everyone. I picked up (and wore) this nail polish, Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear in "Gunmetal," a while ago. I was actually looking for another Sally Hansen polish (that I found, purchased, and will be reviewing soon) at the time and got this one because CVS had the whole "spend X$, get X$ ExtraBucks rewards." I picked "Gunmetal" because I thought it would act as a good color-base for the polish I was shopping for, which is more of a decorative polish, and it definitely was, which you can see here once the post on that polish is up. Anyway, the other polish aside, I really like "Gunmetal"!






This is my first Xtreme Wear polish from Sally Hansen, and for $3.29, I think it's a great polish. The tube holds 0.40 fl. oz./11.8 mL of product, and a sticker wrapped around the tube has all polish details, including ingredients, on it.

LEFT: Front of the tube.
RIGHT: Back of the tube.


"Gunmetal" is appropriately named because the color is just that: a gunmetal. The shimmer in this polish gives it the sheen of metal too, as it makes the color appear almost metallic. I also detect a slight smokey-ish blue undertone to this color which, as a huge fan of blue-anything, I love. It adds more life/depth to it than other colors in the gray family.

Another shot of the bottle to give you a different look at the color.


In terms of application, "Gunmetal" was fairly easy to apply. The formula was neither too thick or too thin, and I found that I got pretty good coverage with one coat, though I still used two for the following pictures.

2 coats of "Gunmetal" over a base coat of Sally Hansen's Diamond Shine. No top coat was used since this was the foundation for that other polish I mentioned at the start of this post.


I am really pleased with how this color looks against my skin tone! In fact I am happier with this polish than the one that I went to purchase in the first place. xD Here's another picture of "Gunmetal" on my nails, for a closer look:



Isn't it pretty?!

Anyway, the dry time between coats was average. As for the wear time, I can't comment on that for two reasons: (1) I only wore this polish alone for about 10 or so minutes, before covering it with the other decorative polish, and (2) I discovered a few manicures ago that my base/top coat, the Sally Hansen Diamond Strength polish, was most likely too old to function properly (my polish was constantly peeling off in sheets in the shower), so judging the wear time of either polish over/under that base/top coat would be inaccurate.

Overall, I love the color of Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear nail color in "Gunmetal" and I think that the formula is pretty good (though not groundbreaking) for the price, which is cheap compared to other lines of Sally Hansen nail polish. If "Gunmetal" appeals to you from the tube, then try it out! It looks even nicer on the nails. :)

Hope this review was helpful! 'Til next time. ('<>')>

~nikki

The product in this post was purchased by me with my own money. The opinions stated are my own opinions. I am not affiliated with the brand featured in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment