Labels

6.07.2013

The IceBlock [12]: New Look, Post-op, & More

Hi everyone. :) I'm super excited about this, and it's pretty damn obvious, so let's get it out of the way first: my blog now has a new banner/background! They're both a nod to the spring/summer weather that's been evading NYC every chance it gets. But, regardless, I'm thrilled about two things: (1) my banner has an Adelie penguin holding a parasol >:D and (2) I feel like the new blog background/color scheme make it easier on the eyes when it comes to reading my enormous posts.

I don't know why, but I always have this tendency to gravitate towards dark blues/purples when designing anything (as if I do much designing), and I always find them way too dark after a while. I've been meaning to brighten things up on this blog, but put it off because I dreaded having to make a banner again. Though it was easy, so I don't know what the problem was. O_o Anyway, I hope you all like it. :) Or can tolerate it. ;)




SURGERY

Next up, I kind of touched on this in my recently updated TL;DR: On Dermatitis post, but this past Monday was the surgery I mentioned in my last IceBlock post. On the 25th of May, I had a followup appointment to my sonogram a week or so earlier. It turned out that the sonogram showed two abnormalities: the one I felt in the shower and another. They both appeared to be fibroadenoma, but because one was 3 cm, my doctor advised that I have both removed. Better to be safe than sorry.

And so I met with my surgeon - the one that operated on me three times for my recurring pilonidal cyst - and had the surgery/lumpectomy scheduled for this past Monday, the 3rd of June. Everything went well, and the biopsies came back negative for both, but of course I'm feeling pain and throbbing and above all, muscle soreness. Turns out the bigger lump that I managed to feel was deep in the breast tissue, so it took a lot of work to push it towards the wound (my surgeon performed a reconstructive incision so that my breast would be kept as normal as possible) - hence all the soreness. My muscle in the area was literally spasming/cramping whenever I moved my arm for the first 24 hours.

I've spent the past few days in bed mostly, some days feeling sicker than others. Yesterday was the post-op followup and my surgeon said the wound is healing beautifully, thank God. I'm so over surgeries ha...

NEW JOB

On a last note, I've thankfully managed to find another job at the very same period of time that I approached my surgery. It's at a restaurant that my mom has been working at for years as an accountant. I'll be taking orders over the phone, helping to prep them, and will eventually be trained to do some book keeping. I'm really excited to have a job that's not so physically exhausting.

...The timing of this job was great because I  honestly would not want to return to my previous job after a surgery, regardless of how simple it might be. Between the amount of physical work and the fact that it just isn't that clean, I'd be asking to get sick all over again. So this really was a blessing.

MY BLOG?

That's about it. I've been wanting to write more for my blog but I'm kind of...unsure about some things. I feel like my reviews are thorough, and that's what I want, but at the same time they're long and take a lot of time to do. My book reviews being the worst time-wise (they're almost like mini-poorly-done essays). Sometimes I feel like bullet points would suffice. But then I tell myself that the reason my reviews are thorough is because that's my style of doing things, and what's the point of a blog if it's going to be done in a way that's not the author's own?

Then I question how much of 'me' should come up in posts. I actually have pretty vulgar language, and am pretty sarcastic, and say a lot of weird, disjointed things when I'm talking to family and friends. But I've wanted my blog to be on a more 'professional' level that has parts of me in it, but doesn't turn into some personality-show. I am more of a YT watcher than a blog reader, but I do know that when watching YT videos, my favorite people are the ones that stick to the point of the video rather than throwing in a bunch of random crap that 'shows their personality.' Yet they still manage to be unique and likeable. I guess it's a matter of balancing personality and professionalism.

Just gotta work at it, I guess.

Anyway, that's a wrap. Hope you're all having a great week. ('<>')>

~nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment