Labels

4.23.2014

Lips: MAC's Lipstick in "Happy-Go-Lucky" (LE) [Playland 2014]




Review #3! We're almost there! "Happy-Go-Lucky" is the lipstick I was curious about after hearing it being compared to "Candy Yum Yum," which I own but have such a hard time using due to the streaky, drying application. You can see a comparison of the two here.

When I tried "Happy-Go-Lucky" at my MAC counter, the ease with which it applied convinced me to purchase it. It's definitely the most fun color of the four Playland lipsticks I purchased, in my opinion.

If you want to see "Happy-Go-Lucky" beside other lipsticks in this collection, check out my master post here. With that being said, let's move on to the review.




Name: Happy-Go-Lucky
Net Wt.: 0.1 oz./ 3 g.
Price: $16
Finish: Amplified



MAC describes "Happy-Go-Lucky" as a "hot pink." I'm not sure how I feel about this, since "Sweet Experience" is described as a "bright pink" and the two colors are completely different...okay then. I guess it's a hot pink - a hot blue-based pink. It's more wearable than "Sweet Experience," as bright/borderline neon as it is.



"Happy-Go-Lucky" has great color payoff, is extremely creamy and even during application, and has a wonderfully glossy finish, as per usual with amplified lipsticks. The glossy finish makes it appear somewhat brighter than the actual color is.



"Happy-Go-Lucky" swatches fairly closely to what's in the tube, albeit a bit deeper. It's a beautiful pink that's definitely an attention-grabber. Best for nights and weekends - perhaps not so much for work, depending on your job. It's the color that really screams Playland to me, as it makes me think of candy, toys - all the things that are encompassed in the collection's theme.



On my lips, the color shows up as expected. "Happy-Go-Lucky," in my opinion, performs on the same level as "Red Balloon" and "Toying Around": it makes lips look full and smooth, it stays put, and it wears comfortably for a long time. 




Overall, "Happy-Go-Lucky" is a beautiful, hot blue-based pink that is one of the more fun colors to wear from Playland. It's amplified finish leaves lips feeling hydrated and looking full and glossy. Of the four lipsticks I purchased from the collection, "Happy-Go-Lucky" ranks third in terms of which colors I enjoy the most. The performance of it is up to par with "Red Balloon" and "Toying Around," but I prefer the versatility of "Red Balloon" over it, hence the rating.

"Happy-Go-Lucky" is a limited edition color that may or may not be restocked online on MAC, Nordstrom, Macy's, Bloomingdales, or Belk. If the bright, fun aspect of "Happy-Go-Lucky" and its glossy, opaque formula really appeal to you, be sure to check out your local MAC counter as well. You never know - it may still be in stock.

Thanks for stopping by! 'Til next time. ('<>')>

~nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment