Labels

3.01.2013

A Quick Comparison: Maybelline Vivids "Fuchsia Flash" Vs. "Electric Fuchsia" (LE)



Hi everyone. :) Here's another quick, swatch-only kind of post - focusing on Maybelline LE spring Color Goes Electric products again, too. I feel odd posting this since I haven't written an actual review on the Maybelline ColorSensational Vivids yet, but in the end the purpose of this post is to provide a quick visual for those who are unsure whether or not a particular LE Vivid from the spring collection is worth purchasing. In this case, that LE Vivid is "Electric Fuchsia."




I'm a signature fuchsia/pink lip girl, so it's no surprise that the first color to catch my eye in the permanent collection of Vivids was "Fuchsia Flash" (865). When I saw that the spring collection (see my post here for more on the collection itself and more product swatches) had another fuchsia Vivid, "Electric Fuchsia" (970), I was quick to start my search for it. But I won't deny it - it crossed my mind several times that, hey, the LE Vivid, "Electric Fuchsia," looks really similar to "Fuchsia Flash." 

Now that I own both, I can say that I wasn't too far off in my assumption.

LEFT: "Electric Fuchsia" (LE)
RIGHT: "Fuchsia Flash"
LEFT: "Electric Fuchsia" (LE)
RIGHT: "Fuchsia Flash"
LEFT: "Electric Fuchsia" (LE)
RIGHT: "Fuchsia Flash"



Sorry about the crappy lighting - NYC has been as depressing as usual weather-wise. Anyway, in the tube, "Electric Fuchsia" appears slightly deeper than "Fuchsia Flash" which, in turn, seems slightly brighter. After seeing a similar comparison on Nouveau Cheap, however, I knew that the two had to be swatched to really determine if the minor difference in brightness was the only difference.

LEFT: "Electric Fuchsia" (LE)
RIGHT: "Fuchsia Flash"

Here, swatched on my hand, the difference in brightness becomes even less obvious than in the tube, though it is still somewhat noticeable. And finally, for the sake of lightning...

LEFT: "Electric Fuchsia" (LE)
RIGHT: "Fuchsia Flash" 

With flash, the swatches appear as similar, if not more. So, unfortunately, I have to conclude that, to my eyes, there isn't any truly significant difference between the LE "Electric Fuchsia" and the original, permanent "Fuchsia Flash." I don't have a lip comparison right now, but that will probably be available on my full review of the Vivids once I get that up.

As I said before, I love pink lips, so I can't say I'm disappointed to own both. I will say, however, that I certainly don't feel that it is necessary to go crazy looking for "Electric Fuchsia." But, you never know - your eyes may tell you differently. :)

Hope this is helpful in deciding whether or not the limited edition "Electric Fuchsia" is worth purchasing for those of you who are already in possession of "Fuchsia Flash." 'Til next time! ('<>')>

~nikki

Do you own either of these colors? If you do, will you still be adding the other to your collection?

No comments:

Post a Comment